This is my Story
My name is Jenny Fisher and I love being creative. I write, take photographs, facilitate workshops, and do expressive arts. After working in local government and small business, I now offer my services to individuals, teams and small businesses. I have had so many roles over my working life but I love to help people realise their dreams. So let me tell you a little bit about me.
I am writer and storyteller. I love to write metaphorical stories that can help people going through challenging times. I wrote my first metaphorical stories for myself as I dealt with the challenge of selling our family business as I faced a time of transition feeling rudderless and lost. I have written stories for individuals and teams and I can show you how to write your own mythical and metaphorical healing tale.
I am a photographer. I love to take photos that are abstract and impressionistic. I have used apps on my phone and software to manipulate photos and more recently I learned to create effects in the camera using movement and blur which is so much fun. All the images on this site have been taken and created by me.
I facilitate expressive arts groups. I run groups using expressive arts techniques including collage, paint, clay and natural materials as well as drama and games. This draws on my training as a social worker, my experience as a street theatre performer and clown and my love of all things creative and arty. So I love to design groups for personal development and team building. I have worked with people who have experienced chronic homelessness to manage stress and anxiety using art, with women approaching retirement to consider the next stage of their life and with people who tap into their creativity for fun and relaxation.
With years of management, I have honed my skills in facilitating communication, be it between colleagues or with customers. Whether the group is small or large, in person or on paper, in a workshop or team meeting, I make sure that everyone is heard and their contribution is valued.
With extensive experience in health, local government, community and non-government sectors, I am an expert in these areas. However, my background in social work, small business and the arts, means that I brings a unique blend of skills to every workshop, interaction or consulting assignment.
- Bachelor of Social Work UNSW 1981
- Diploma in Leadership using Expressive Arts and Groupwork, College of Complementary Medicine, 2016-2017
- Certificate IV Training and Education 2017
- Diploma Life Coaching, Life Coaching Institute, 2013-current
- Copywriting Essentials, Writing for Newspapers & Magazines, Travel Writing, Writing for Web -Australian Writers Centre- 2015
- WordPress and Advanced WordPress -Dynamic Web Training – 2015
- Google Search Inside Yourself – Coaching and Mindfulness – 2014
- Executive Certificate in Positive Psychology Coaching with Dr Timothy Sharp – 2009
- Human Element Phase 1 -Personal Growth in Organisations – Rhonda Parkyn, Common Ground Consulting – 1995
- Human Element Program Leadership (Personal Growth in Organisations) – Accredited program leader – Will Schutz & Assoc- 1996
Past Employers / Clients include:
- Local Government: Warringah Shire Council, Woollahra Council, Kuringgai Council, Bankstown Council
- The Children’s Hospital, Westmead,
- Sydney University
- Department of Community Services NSW
- Non-government; Burdekin Youth Housing Association,
- DWM Consulting & Essential Elements Organisational Consulting